We are looking for a Junior Developer to handle updates to our app management portal (PHP based) which controls features and functionality for our ChMS integrated and customizable church app. This role will also handle the packaging and release of all new apps and updates to existing apps for both iOS and Android. This role will work closely with our client success team in communicating with new and existing clients as well as our head of product and mobile development to schedule new releases of existing apps. This person will be the main point of contact for Google and Apple as we release new apps and schedule updates to existing ones.
You are a team player with a desire to create and contribute to great software. You enjoy working with a mission-focused, collaborative team, to achieve a common goal. You communicate well and have a growth mentality that guides how you code and work. You enjoy continually refining and improving processes to save time and increase efficiencies. You manage your time well, accurately estimate timelines for projects and deliver on your commitments.
- 1-2 years of experience in software development
- Proficiency in PHP
- Experience in Android, Android Studio, Java and Kotlin
- Experience in iOS, XCode, Objective-C and Swift
- Working knowledge of Google Play Store and iTunes Connect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or a related field preferred
- Experience in UI/UX preferred
- Bonus: experience with graphic design (i.e. Adobe CC, Corel, Affinity) and image manipulation in both vector and raster
- Bonus: Experience with C#, SQL Server
Competencies / Work Style:
- Effectively manages deadlines and deliverables
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Accurately estimates timelines for projects
- Firm grasp of personal strengths and weaknesses
- Willing to learn new tools and coding languages
- Team player, who listens well, learns from others, and helps fellow team members perform to their best
- Receives and offers constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Contribute to the Management Portal – work with mobile team to spec and build new management tools in portal that support and compliment new functionality.
- Testing / QA – Work with our client success team to help devise a plan for testing and validating new features in a sandbox environment.
- Manage app release cycle – Manage packaging of new app, updates, review process and release schedule for iOS and Android versions of the app.
- Bug Fixes – Support and collaborate with our client success team to track down reported bugs and repair in a timely manner.
Dallas, TX preferred